Teva R&D group in Netanya is searching for a talented electrophysiologist to join its team of scientists
We are looking for:
- Extensive hands on experience with intracellular patch-clamp recordings
- Good theoretical understanding of different electrophysiology assays
- Publication record in the field (at least one paper)
- PhD and or postdoc from a leading institute is a major plus
- Experience with cell/molecular biology also a plus
The successful candidate should be an independent and motivated team player
The position is scientifically challenging and is part of an effort to develop new original (not generic) drugs in the neurology field
The visual perception lab, at the Psychology Dept. in BGU is looking for graduate or postdoc students
The visual perception lab, at the Psychology Department in Ben-Gurion University is looking for graduate or postdoc students who are interested in integrating empirical work using sophisticated imaging tools and theoretical, computational work.
Requirements: curiosity, independence, background in computer programming, background in cognitive sciences/psychology/neuroscience, good computational skills. Prior knowledge in machine learning/network analyses and empirical experience would be advantageous.
Postdoctoral position open at Prof. Moshe Bar’s lab, BIU
A full time postdoctoral researcher position is available in Prof. Moshe Bar cognitive neuroscience lab at the Gonda Multidisciplinary Brain Research Center, Bar-Ilan University, Israel. The research project is on the role of directionality of cortical processing in mental processes.
Applicants should have strong background in cognitive neuroscience, an expertise in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and/or magnetoencephalography (MEG), and broad knowledge of research design and behavioral paradigms.
The behavioral neuroscience lab is searching for a PhD student
An open PhD student position in social cooperation research using rodent model.
The laboratory studies basic research questions in social cooperation behavior using in-vivo telemetric electro-physiology and molecular biology.
- Ability to develop independence in research
- Working with animals
- Using MATLAB / NEX
- Electrophysiological recordings
For additional info:
Post doctoral position at the University of Haifa
A post doctoral position is available at the Language and Brain Plasticity Lab of Dr. Tali Bitan, which is part of the IIPDM and the Psychology Department at the University of Haifa. The position is available starting May 2018.
The focus of this position is a neuroimaging training study on second language learning, done in collaboration with Vanderbilt University. Responsibilities include conducting the study, overseeing students, analysis of fMRI data using SPM and other tools, and manuscript writing. Applicants with experience in analysis of fMRI data are welcome to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant cognitive or linguistics background and to candidates with experience in MATLAB programming.
Research in the lab focuses on the neurocognitive mechanisms underlying learning and rehabilitation of linguistic and cognitive skills in healthy adults and children, individuals with atypical development, and acquired neurological disorders. IIPDM is a vibrant research environment that provides opportunities for interactions and training.
UCSF Postdoctoral Position: Molecular Neuroscience
An open position for postdoctoral fellow to study signaling pathways and plasticity mechanisms that underlie addiction in the laboratory of Prof. Dorit Ron at the University of California, San Francisco.
Research in the Ron lab uses state-of-the-art techniques including, molecular/genetic technique for gene manipulations in subpopulations of neurons in vivo, viral-mediated gene delivery, RNA-seq and analysis in combination of transgenic animals, chemogenetics, and structural plasticity using 3-D reconstruction of single neurons as well as behavioral approaches (Examples, Barak et al. Nature Neuroscience 2013, Warnault et al., Biological Psychiatry 2016, Liu et al. Molecular Psychiatry 2017, Laguesse et al. Neuron 2017). Highly motivated candidates with in depth experience in molecular biology techniques including cloning that will be graduating within the next 6 months or have recently graduated are welcome to apply. The position offers an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team at the vibrant research community at the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
ProteKt, a pre-clinical drug discovery start-up company at the FutuRx biotech incubator, is Hiring!
Our company is developing a small molecule for long-term memory consolidation.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join us as a Research Scientist for our research team with the following traits:
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology with hands-on experience.
- Independent researcher that can plan, conduct and analyze experimental data
- Proven ability for troubleshooting and problem-solving
- A team player with great inter-personal skills that can fit in a dynamic multidisciplinary group with a common goal
- Strong experience in T.C., primary cultures of neurons, microscopy, IHH, ICC, IF staining.
- Excellent English with the ability to write scientific reports and overviews.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, and organized person
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- CNS background and experience in electrophysiology and/ or in vivo is an advantage.
To apply for this job, please send your CV to:
The Functional Neuroimaging lab in Sheba Medical center Tel-Hasomer is seeking for a full time Research Assistant (RA)
- Recruiting participants from the general population and patients in Sheba
- Medical Center
- Accompanying the participants during all stages of the longitudinal study
- Conducting fMRI experiments by operating the MRI scanner
- Conducting EEG and Eye tracking experiments
- Performing data analysis using MATLAB and SPSS
- Applying ethics and regulatory submissions
- Developing and writing clinical trials protocols
- Integrating all data received from various aspects of the study- fMRI and MRI scans, CRF's, clinical questionnaires, neuropsychological tasks, patient's clinical background and doctor's evaluations
- Creating Clinical tasks to evaluate the patient's language, motor, visual and memory functions
- Industrious candidates with background in a psychology or neuroscience- B.A./B.Sc is a minimal requirement
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and ability to work in a team
- Programming skills, especially in MATLAB and Python- Advantage!
- A two year commitment is required!