Postdoctoral position open at Prof. Moshe Bar’s lab, BIU
A full time postdoctoral researcher position is available in Prof. Moshe Bar cognitive neuroscience lab at the Gonda Multidisciplinary Brain Research Center, Bar-Ilan University, Israel. The research project is on the role of directionality of cortical processing in mental processes.
Applicants should have strong background in cognitive neuroscience, an expertise in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and/or magnetoencephalography (MEG), and broad knowledge of research design and behavioral paradigms.
The behavioral neuroscience lab is searching for a PhD student
An open PhD student position in social cooperation research using rodent model.
The laboratory studies basic research questions in social cooperation behavior using in-vivo telemetric electro-physiology and molecular biology.
- Ability to develop independence in research
- Working with animals
- Using MATLAB / NEX
- Electrophysiological recordings
For additional info:
Post doctoral position at the University of Haifa
A post doctoral position is available at the Language and Brain Plasticity Lab of Dr. Tali Bitan, which is part of the IIPDM and the Psychology Department at the University of Haifa. The position is available starting May 2018.
The focus of this position is a neuroimaging training study on second language learning, done in collaboration with Vanderbilt University. Responsibilities include conducting the study, overseeing students, analysis of fMRI data using SPM and other tools, and manuscript writing. Applicants with experience in analysis of fMRI data are welcome to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with relevant cognitive or linguistics background and to candidates with experience in MATLAB programming.
Research in the lab focuses on the neurocognitive mechanisms underlying learning and rehabilitation of linguistic and cognitive skills in healthy adults and children, individuals with atypical development, and acquired neurological disorders. IIPDM is a vibrant research environment that provides opportunities for interactions and training.
UCSF Postdoctoral Position: Molecular Neuroscience
An open position for postdoctoral fellow to study signaling pathways and plasticity mechanisms that underlie addiction in the laboratory of Prof. Dorit Ron at the University of California, San Francisco.
Research in the Ron lab uses state-of-the-art techniques including, molecular/genetic technique for gene manipulations in subpopulations of neurons in vivo, viral-mediated gene delivery, RNA-seq and analysis in combination of transgenic animals, chemogenetics, and structural plasticity using 3-D reconstruction of single neurons as well as behavioral approaches (Examples, Barak et al. Nature Neuroscience 2013, Warnault et al., Biological Psychiatry 2016, Liu et al. Molecular Psychiatry 2017, Laguesse et al. Neuron 2017). Highly motivated candidates with in depth experience in molecular biology techniques including cloning that will be graduating within the next 6 months or have recently graduated are welcome to apply. The position offers an opportunity to be part of a collaborative team at the vibrant research community at the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
ProteKt, a pre-clinical drug discovery start-up company at the FutuRx biotech incubator, is Hiring!
Our company is developing a small molecule for long-term memory consolidation.
We are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join us as a Research Scientist for our research team with the following traits:
- Ph.D. degree in cellular biology with hands-on experience.
- Independent researcher that can plan, conduct and analyze experimental data
- Proven ability for troubleshooting and problem-solving
- A team player with great inter-personal skills that can fit in a dynamic multidisciplinary group with a common goal
- Strong experience in T.C., primary cultures of neurons, microscopy, IHH, ICC, IF staining.
- Excellent English with the ability to write scientific reports and overviews.
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, and organized person
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude.
- CNS background and experience in electrophysiology and/ or in vivo is an advantage.
To apply for this job, please send your CV to:
The Functional Neuroimaging lab in Sheba Medical center Tel-Hasomer is seeking for a full time Research Assistant (RA)
- Recruiting participants from the general population and patients in Sheba
- Medical Center
- Accompanying the participants during all stages of the longitudinal study
- Conducting fMRI experiments by operating the MRI scanner
- Conducting EEG and Eye tracking experiments
- Performing data analysis using MATLAB and SPSS
- Applying ethics and regulatory submissions
- Developing and writing clinical trials protocols
- Integrating all data received from various aspects of the study- fMRI and MRI scans, CRF's, clinical questionnaires, neuropsychological tasks, patient's clinical background and doctor's evaluations
- Creating Clinical tasks to evaluate the patient's language, motor, visual and memory functions
- Industrious candidates with background in a psychology or neuroscience- B.A./B.Sc is a minimal requirement
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and ability to work in a team
- Programming skills, especially in MATLAB and Python- Advantage!
- A two year commitment is required!
דרוש/ה מנהל/ת מעבדה בחקר המוח בפקולטה למדעי הבריאות אוניברסיטת בן גוריון
דרוש/ה מנהל/ת מעבדה בחקר המוח בפקולטה למדעי הבריאות, אוניברסיטת בן גוריון
המשרה מיועדת לבעלי/ות תואר אקדמי- M.Sc or PhD 50% משרה.
דרישות העבודה כוללות בין היתר:
נסיון בעבודת מעבדה ביולוגית
נסיון בשיטות מולקולריות
הדרכה, עבודה עם סטודנטים ושיתוף פעולה מחקרי עם מעבדות אחרות
עבודה עם בבעלי חיים (מכרסמים)
ניהול ותפעול שוטף של המעבדה
יכולת עבודה עצמאית- חיונית. תחילת העבודה- מיידית.
enure-Track Position - Developmental Psychology The Department of Psychology at the University of Haifa
Tenure-Track Position - Developmental Psychology The Department of Psychology at the University of Haifa, Israel, invites applications for an open-rank tenure-track position in Developmental Psychology, beginning in the 2018 academic year.
The academic rank will be matched to the candidate’s qualifications. The screening of applications will continue until the position is filled.
(1) Curriculum Vitae,
(2) 2-3 selected publications,
(3) research statement (highlighting past work as well as your plans),
(4) teaching statement, and
The successful candidate will demonstrate the potential to develop a strong research program, supervise graduate student research, and teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
We are particularly interested in applicants with an interest in translating research findings to “real-world” application.
The Psychology Department at the University of Haifa is one of Israel's leading psychological science departments. The developmental track is intimately connected with the Center for the Study of Child Development (see link below). The Center includes a group of internationally leading senior researchers and approximately 30 post-doc and graduate students, who are devoted to the study of children's development, with a particular emphasis on their emotional health and well-being. https://sites.hevra.haifa.ac.il/childdev/
For further details regarding the Department of Psychology at the University of Haifa, please visit: https://psy.hevra.haifa.ac.il/index.php/about?lang=he